Author Topic: How many people have had regrowth.. AN"s  (Read 7538 times)

jtd71465

Re: How many people have had regrowth.. AN"s
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 12:21:26 pm »
I had my 3 month MRI and and fine at this point.  My mindframe will be that I will not experience a re-growth...I wonder if the percentages for a re-growth get smaller as time passes from the initial surgery.  Is it (just using numbers) 6% re-growth during year 1, 4% re-growth after year 2, 2% re-growth after year 3....and so on.....

Joe-
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: How many people have had regrowth.. AN"s
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 06:56:23 am »
Good afternoon everyone, I am a new member. I had a 3mm tumor removed translabrinth style at the Mayo Clinic in January 2007. I go next week for a post-op MRI. I'm nervous about regrowth, despite my surgical team telling me that the tumor was not "sticky" and came off the nerves easily, and that they got it all. I guess we'll see.

I'd be completely shocked if anyone found a "regrowth" at only 3 months post-op.  It's possible there was a piece left behind that will show up on an MRI, but the surgeons would know about that and would (hopefully) tell you if they had had to do that.  Even if there are a few cells left (not likely) that start regrowing it's much too soon to see that.  Even fast-growing ANs don't grow that quickly. 

This MRI is most likely a post-op baseline, to use for comparison for future MRIs in the coming years.  Mine was at 9 weeks post-op.

Good luck!
Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)