Author Topic: AN Drs in NYC  (Read 4604 times)

Butters

AN Drs in NYC
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:46:10 am »
I was recently dianosed with a 4.5mm AN on the right side. I'm trying to figure out which of several doctors to choose from. Does anyone have any suggestions? Referrals?

Any help is much appreciated.

Josh,

NY, NY

Evan

Re: AN Drs in NYC
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 12:06:38 pm »
Josh:  I live in NYC....Here is what I have been able to find/research on doctors in the city.

Dr. Peter Costantino (Head and Neck Surgeon) and his partner Dr. Sen, are highly regarded and are at Roosevelt Hospital, the Cranial Base Surgery Center.

Dr. Jeremy Sisti (who does both Radiation and Microsurgery) is at Columbia and is highly regarded.

Dr. Roland and Dr. Golfinos (both at NYU) are also highly regarded. 

From my research, these people specialize in ANs and treat them extensively.  There may be others, but I have not heard of their names yet.  I consulted with Dr. Costantino last week, and will be seeing Dr. Sisti on Thursday.

Hope this helps.

1.5 cm x 1 cm x .5 cm/Diagnosed March 8/AN Right Side as per MRI/Upon further review, docs do not know what it is.  Could be Facial neuroma/could be nothing.  Repeat MRI in 6 weeks.

Butters

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 01:59:16 pm »
Thanks Evan.

Do you know of a Dr. Sujana Chandrasekhar and/or Dr. Kalmon Post? They are at Mt Sinai. I'm also told that Dr. Samuel Selesnick at Weil Cornell is very well-regarded. Do you know of them?

Evan

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:27:46 pm »
Josh:

I have heard of the others but have not heard from anyone here recently who has consulted with them.  I know they have good reputations from what I have heard.

Evan
1.5 cm x 1 cm x .5 cm/Diagnosed March 8/AN Right Side as per MRI/Upon further review, docs do not know what it is.  Could be Facial neuroma/could be nothing.  Repeat MRI in 6 weeks.

jeansear

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 07:31:49 am »
We are also using Dr. Golfinos and Dr. Roland at NYU.

I have heard of Dr. Sisti but have not seen him.