Author Topic: Stanford: Adler or Chang?  (Read 3683 times)

Musicman

Stanford: Adler or Chang?
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:48:57 pm »
I have read many good reports for Dr. Chang and have had some exposure to material on Dr. Adler.  I had assumed I would be having Dr. Chang do my CyberKnife.  However, my referring doctor wants me to see Dr. Adler.  Does anyone have any feedback on comparing both?  Which would you recommend I have supervise the procedure?  Chang or Adler?
17mm (still nice and small!!)
Received Diagnosis December 16, 2006
Currently scheduled for CyberKnife week of March 26, 2007

Mark

Re: Stanford: Adler or Chang?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 09:49:38 pm »
Both Dr. Adler and Dr. Chang are world class doctors and being treated by either is a plus. Of course Adler is one of the inventors of the CK while Dr. Chang in addition to his surgical responsibilities has been director of the CK program at Stanford. If you look at the majority of radiosurgical studies out of Stanford the past few years, both their names are typically listed. I didn't have the option when I was treated as Adler was on sabbatical dealing with Accuray , but was very comfortable with Dr. Chang since he also has the surgeon perspective. I think either supervising your treatment team would be fine

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: Stanford: Adler or Chang?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 10:02:15 pm »
I saw Dr. Stephen Chang- who then refered me to Dr. Scott Soltys- the radiologist. Very impressive crew. Either way you should be fine. Really for me it's the support staff at Stanford that is so damn impressive. Wonderful schedulers, Larry Chang who is the MRI and Cyber knife Lab Technician (I call him the machine guy) is really great- an excellent service provider- the nurses are wonderful. I hope your experience will be as positive as mine was.    Keep us updated Musicman.  Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys