Author Topic: Contact for dry eye? Feels like a sponge?? Anyone???  (Read 4838 times)

amymeri

Contact for dry eye? Feels like a sponge?? Anyone???
« on: February 23, 2007, 03:51:31 pm »
I heard there is a contact lens you can wear that locks in moisture?  Users said it feels like a moist sponge on your eye and eliminates the need for drops.

Has anyone heard of this??
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

1wareagle

Re: Contact for dry eye? Feels like a sponge?? Anyone???
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 03:22:33 pm »
The contact was one of my options but the eye doctor thought the weight was the best for my eye. The weight has helped alots. I only use the drops now if I go outside for a long time. Good Luck! Ellis
Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: Contact for dry eye? Feels like a sponge?? Anyone???
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 11:23:52 pm »
I will have to look into this contact thing as I am having a great deal of trouble with my eye again. I have had to go back to very frequent use of drops and the gel at night again. I've been waking up with my eye stuck to the inside of my eyelid. It satrted about 2 weeks ago, not as bad as right after the surgery, but it's pretty bad. I tyhink I may have scratched my cornea again like after the surgery.  a contact for moisture sounds great. thanks for the tip I'll call the eye doc mon.
Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year