Author Topic: Ready for answers  (Read 4153 times)

Ready4Answers

Ready for answers
« on: February 13, 2007, 01:26:36 pm »
I'm new to forum posting but I feel the need to thank all of you for your information.  After several years of chasing down my symptoms, I am on the verge of scheduling an MRI through my ENT next month.  When I saw my GP on Friday for unrelated issues, I mentioned the MRI and he mentioned an acoustic neuroma.  After some research, I wasn't sure that was what I wanted to hear!  I actually pushed for the MRI as my insurance company will not pay for another hearing test.  In reading through the postings I've read that I should request my MRI to be done with contrast and that is very helpful to me.  I wouldn't have thought to ask that without your help.  The symptoms of ringing, fullness, occasional pain and hearing loss in my right ear have me nearly at wits end (not to mention some dizziness thrown in for good measure!).  It seems as though I haved followed up on follow up appointments for far too long.  I am looking forward to the MRI and the answers it might bring!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Ready for answers
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 01:31:18 pm »
Hi Ready and welcome.

Yes, the key is the MRI with constrast to confirm whether or not you have an AN...  do you have the MRI date yet?

Glad to see the forum is helpful to you. Let's hope that it is something minor and you will be feeling better soon.

Again, welcome.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:08:28 pm »
Keep in open mind .. these issues can be from many things .. but a MRI w/contrast is the first step..
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Ready4Answers

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:44:44 pm »
Thanks Phyl, Joe and Bruce!  My ENT appointment is March 8th with the MRI referral to follow shortly after that.  Living in a small community in western Washington has its limitations, especially when the only ENT in town needs a vacation ;D  I am anxious for the results but I will remember to keep an open mind.
Grace

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 06:19:59 pm »
HI Grace,
  You're in washington state?  We have a few up in that area.  Hope you get the answers you are seeking and let us know how it goes.  You'll find we're an exclusive club but welcome new members with open arms! 

Hugs
Michelle

Obita

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 07:52:50 pm »
Hi Ready4Answers and welcome!!

We have had a few people come on lately that have not had an AN but have had all the symptoms. 
I sure hope you are going to be part of that group. 

Good luck next month.  If it is an AN, it is benign, treatable and no where near the end of the world!!

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Mark H

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 08:12:20 pm »
Hi Grace,
I'm another Washingtonite. I don't post a lot here but I read quite a bit and this is really a good bunch of folks with a lot of knowledge. I have 2 of the little beauties, little being the key word. they're both about 2mm, maybe just a shade larger as of this year's MRI. I  also have bilateral tumors at the C1, 2 level. I guess I just don't believe in doing things half way.  ;)   As long as they all stay small and don't bother me too much I'm not worried about it.  You will meet a lot of good people here and someone will likely have an answer for any questions ya might have.   ;D
Mark