Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

Need insurance help!!!

(1/3) > >>

manderson:
I am trying to get a BAHA for my right side.  My insurance company, ODS (Oregon), has denied my grievence and my level 1 appeal.  I am preparing my level 2 appeal and am looking in to getting a lawyer.  Dr Freidman is going to write a letter for me.  Does anyone have any suggestion.  I have sent an e-mail to Entific and posted on the BAHA-user-support forum.  The insurance keeps stating that the BAHA is a hearing aid.  How can it be an aid when there is not hearing to aid?!!!

Please help!!!

I am mad and frustrated

Maelynn >:(

ppearl214:
Maelynn,

Email/PM JoeF here on the site.  Not only did he have his surgery at HEI, but also (if memory serves me right), had the BAHA done at time of this AN removal surgery.  He may be able to help.

Phyl

Joef:
Not sure if I can help .. but are they paying for the surgery at least? .. as far as the "hearing processor"  :)  some pay for it... and some dont ..  >:(

matti:
When I was looking into a BAHA a few years ago, my insurance company would only pay for the surgery part,  not the processor. As of recent, they do pay for a portion of the processor.   I was told by my doctors that since my deafness was due to surgery which was necessary, that "some" insurance companies will comply and allow benefits. Letters from your doctors, surgeons, and audiologist are the next step. I agree with you, this whole AN process is frustrating >:(

Hang in there!!

Cheryl

manderson:
Thanks for the info so far.  The insurance company has not denied the surgery part yet because the first to letters were prior to my AN surgery and we were trying to get them to cover BAHA (and required surgery) for the same time.  I did get a sample letter from Entific that has worked in the past with some insurance companies.

Maelynn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version