General Category > Hearing Issues

Resonance in the AN ear

<< < (5/5)

Pablo:
My doctor also said that symptoms improve with time. I also had a bad time the first three months, but now I feel better (other than this resonance, however I notice that it is getting better for the last few days). My hearing has deteriorated after the treatment especially in the high frequencies but I still have 100% discrimination. The interesting thing is that I was expecting  swelling shown in my first MRI 6 months after the treatment and by surprise, the MRI doctor indicates that there is no change and my radiosurgery doctor said that the tumor is even slightly smaller, based on a more accurate measurement protocol they use (about 1 - 2mm), he also mentions that there are necrosis signs right in the middle. 

marystro:
Palace,

Curious if high altitude and cold temperature may have any effect?  I find that if it is really cold (not comparing to our NE or midwest friends but I am spoiled by Southern California weather), I don't like it as well, whole body wise...  And I am quite bad with altitude.  I still remember going up to Pikes Peak in Colorado and my ears were so clogged...

Just curious may be the doctor can shed some light.

Take care driving down the mountains.

Mary

Palace:
Hello Friends:

I'm so sorry it took me so long to post but, I just got back home, again.  (two doctor day)

The ear is huge fluid built up on the ear drum.  I have a spray for once a day and some pills to take now.  (Nasonex and Guaifenex 600/120)  If they don't work (in three weeks) the doctor will lance it and let it drain out.  (at the office)  The pills for the ear can keep you awake at night and make your heart race.  (they are supposed to make you jittery)  If I'm not jittery enough with everything I'm going through.  All of you know how it can be and especially, the people who had the bigger surgery of head incision.

I was always afraid of that bungy-cord toy with the tennis balls at each end.  I held one end and either dog would pull and shake it.  (that caused the shoulder tear, I'm sure)

My husband and I traded off playing "bungee pull toy" with the dogs and it whipped my shoulder.  I now have my joint sticking out between the bones in the shoulder.  I go for a bone density test tomorrow down in Santa Cruz.  (back to the same building I was in today but, the stom is really coming in good now so, we will see how it plays out)  I will have an X-ray of my shoulder!  It is very painful and hard to type.  They can do orthoscopic surgery on something like this.  (surgery number 21 coming up)

I'm going to be a "lurker" for awhile.  It is so hard to type.  My arm needs to be in a sling and ice up top where the big bump is.  (joint out)  I appologize if I have to "drop-out" for awhile.  I will try to go online to read.

Oh, one more thing you all might find interesting........the audiologist said a hearing aid is of no value to me at present time.  My new hearing test today showed almost no change since CK but, it has only been five weeks.

That is really GOOD NEWS on the fluid buld up because, that means once that is taken care of, I won't be living with this much pressure for the rest of my life.  (here I thought, is this what it is like after CK and what I must live with for the rest of my life)  It should get better.  I just wish I didn't have the next injury "back-to-back."  I'm going to toast tonight with supper and all of you.  A glass of wine is "warrented, this evening."  Take care all of you and I'm thinking of you even if you don't hear (parden the pun) from me.  Typing is out for me, for awhile.  (plus many doctor appointments)

*I'm reporting back now 12 hours after taking the Nasonex and the Guiafenex and it has hleped me by half the fullneess feeling going away, ALREADY!  It is working for me.  Now, to get this should X-rayed and find a surgeion right away for surgery.

I was hoping to fill out the headache thread but, that is on the "back-burner" for awhile.  It will be there once I can type again.  Someone might need to remind me to fill it out.  It is long for right now. unless I could dictate it to my husband who does, "hunt and peck."  I think I will wait until I can type again.

My dog is booked for major surgery on Tuesday.

I'm going broke.

Thank you all again for being so kind and lots of love to all of you,

Palace

Static:
Pal,
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through all this.  Hopefully the meds will help your ear drain and you will have relief from the pressure.  Also sorry to hear about your arm.  I had severe tendonitis in my hands/arms before and through alot of the holidays, it was awful.  I was a lurker myself at that time, we all understand and just want you to be better.  My dog is going to the vet tomorrow to see when she can get spayed.  I'll be thinking about you and here if you need me for anything.  Hugs to you and your dog and hopes that you both get better real soon!
~Karen

Sue:
Hey Palace, so sorry for what you've been through but so glad they found a cause for the "fullness" in your ear.  That symptom drove me crazy when I had it.  It subsided on it's own and I am so glad that at least one of my symptoms went bye-bye.  Take care and I hope you and your doggy will be better soon. :)

Sue in Vancouver, USA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version