Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

Update (FSR & Translab)

<< < (2/2)

ppearl214:
HI Bryon,

thrilled to read your post and updates.  Sounds like quite a tough road for you and do hope that this new year brings you better/wellness.

I know that Novalis FSR doses can go as high as aprpox 25 doses (days). I was also quoted that when I checked Novalis FSR here in Boston.  They claim to fractionate it as such to help prevent damage to surrounding structures and to help with hearing preservation.

At least, that is what I have been told and have read.

Be well, and glad to see you here.
Phyl

Battyp:
B I'm curious since you're a speech pathologist....with facial numbness which include the mouth, lips tongue, etc...can speech therapy help with work pronunciation?  I have difficulty saying certain words which becomes more noticeable when I'm tired.  I have just been told that the numbness is permanent due to trigeminal nerve damage prior to my surgery.  I used to be a reading teacher but due to the speech problems they won't let me return to teaching.  I have difficulty with blends and whistling.  If I'm real tired I feel like I'm choking my tongue.  When I did the swallow test I was told if talking bothered me not to do it  LOL  It's better than it was but still a problem.  Just wondering if any speech therapy will help with the sounds I'm struggling with.  It gets frustrating when I have to repeat a word and no one can understand what I'm trying to say.  This morning a lady on the phone commented that my speech was shakey.

thanks,
michelle

B:

Michelle,

I sent you a message. You should see it in your "personal messages" box.

B

LizH:
Hi Byron, I am like you. I had FSR in 2001. Just this past November I have been told that tumor is growing. This from recent MRIs. To top all this I have been diagnosed with MS. My walking difficulty had been come really bad. My Neorologists want to deal with the MS issue now and then I will go in for surgery in about 2 months to get the AN tumor out. My walking and balance problem started about 3 years ago and I and everyone thought it was from the AN but no, it was MS and we didnt know then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version