Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

Tinnitus after Radiation

(1/2) > >>

DanFouratt:
I have read in a couple of places that tinnitus can be "worse" after radiation treatment. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this. I have it now and I find it more annoying then the hearing loss.  I have loss my hearing already.

mwatto:
I had no tinnitus before or after radiation (did have after vaccine and after covid for a bit) am 4 years out still no tinnitus. I do take melatonin and have read this helps. I also listen to music all day - and white noise at night. Had CK 4 years ago 2019. My hearing good ditto for balance.

donjehle:
Dan, I developed tinnitus along with my hearing loss, and I have never had radiation.  I think it's tied more to hearing loss than to radiation.  If you have hearing loss after radiation, you are more likely to have tinnitus.  Of course, the same thing is true for surgery: if you lose your hearing after surgery, you are more apt to have tinnitus.  Mine is constantly there, but I have learned to ignore it most of the time.

DanFouratt:
Thank you for your feed back.  I have decided to go with radiation.  I current have hearing loss and tinnitus, so nothing to fear. 

donjehle:
It looks like it's scheduled in less than two weeks.  Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version