Author Topic: Post Surgery Facial Twitching  (Read 1130 times)

Kaci

Post Surgery Facial Twitching
« on: February 16, 2023, 08:25:41 am »
My surgery was in 2017 for the AN removal. Occasionally I will experience facial twitching, I had it in my lip for close to a month and now its my eye on the side where I had the AN. I know its been years since my surgery just curious if anyone experiences this? I spoke to my Doctors and they were not concerned and said even though its been years since the removal facial nerves are still working to repair themselves

Greece Lover

Re: Post Surgery Facial Twitching
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 11:18:29 am »
I get this all the time and heard the same thing from my doctors.  They weren't concerned and they also said that nerves can take years to keep healing!
Vestibular Schwannoma 1.2 cm. Right side.
Middle fossa surgery at University of Iowa on May 9 2016.
Hearing saved.  Face is fine. Balance pretty darn good most days.
One year follow up MRI showed no tumor. 
Five year follow up showed no tumor, so I'm in the clear.

Kaci

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 01:09:13 pm »
Thank you for your response, we dont always know if what we are experiencing is normal so it's nice to hear from others

jazmintchandler

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 09:21:52 am »
Hey there! I can definitely relate to your post-surgery facial twitching experience. After removing my double chin, I had a similar issue, and it would occasionally twitch for a while afterward. However, I noticed that over time, the twitching gradually went away on its own, so I hope the same happens for you too! It's good to hear that your doctors reassured you that it's a common side effect and that your facial nerves are still repairing themselves even years after the surgery. On a side note, I'm also considering liposuction to get rid of some excess fat, so it's interesting to hear that we have similar experiences. Best of luck with your recovery!