Author Topic: Undiagnosed  (Read 972 times)

Pierremontquaker

Undiagnosed
« on: May 01, 2023, 11:44:45 am »
Hi, a bit of my story. I have lost hearing in my left ear, I would say it is poor although I can still hear out of it. I went 10 years ago for a hearing test and had an brain MRI and everything came back as fine.  Anyway over the last few years I have felt lightheaded and feelings of unbalanced at certain points of the day, most days now.  However, I have high blood pressure and am on medication and I do suffer from anxiety and depression - although I have never wanted to go on medication for this. I have always put down my light headedness to my blood pressure meds, but now the more I think of it, it could be related to my hearing.  I have had my left ear wax removed recently and my right is next to be done this week.  I am wondering whether to go back for another hearing test and review once my ears are clear of wax. I do have tinnitus now and again, ringing and a constant ssshhhh noise in my ear most of the time.  What do you think?

dwilliams35

Re: Undiagnosed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 07:51:02 am »
I think you need to sit back and stop making up things to worry about until you get an actual diagnosis..  That's probably the biggest thing I've seen about AN's: it's ripe for people to just latch onto the symptoms and self-diagnose whether it really is even close or not.  If it's AN or something similar, you'll work your way through it just like the rest of us have. Until then, you're just making up stuff to worry about, in all likelihood unnecessarily.
Diagnosed 2-2017,  GK 10-2017.

donjehle

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 04:36:36 pm »
Hi Pierremontquaker,

Thank you for posting on the ANA Forums.  The symptoms you mentioned are potentially indicative of an acoustic neuroma.  And the hearing test by itself would not confirm that.  Even though you had an MRI ten years ago, a lot can happen in ten years.  I recommend you getting another MRI, just to be on the safe side.

Best wishes!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

v357139

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 07:15:58 pm »
I would ask your doctor
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!