Author Topic: Glaucoma & AN connection?  (Read 997 times)

dizzyamI

Glaucoma & AN connection?
« on: January 07, 2023, 11:58:11 am »
I am 10 months post cyberknife for a VS and I've not had an easy time. Headaches and swimmy head most days. I try & live anyway. I have a strong will. I was recently checked for glaucoma, and I wouldn't let him dilate my pupils because that brings on migraine. He was annoyed, but looked into my eye anyway and said he saw 'cupping' and gave me a prostaglandin eye drop. I had a reaction twice, so discontinued it. I was dizzy and had headache and visual disturbance in my left eye. I guess maybe I'm a candidate for laser therapy for glaucoma. I have a visit with another opthamologist and I will have to let him dilate my pupils to get a better look. Funny, the pressure actually was less than 6 years ago. 6 years ago, my doctor just wanted me to watch and check every year (I have not done that til recently). The sight test was excellent and my pressure was lower, but yet, he wants me to now have treatment. I wonder if there is a connection between a VS and glaucoma and what has your treatment been for both?

donjehle

Re: Glaucoma & AN connection?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 02:36:13 pm »
Hi dizzyamI!

First of all, I should state that I am not a physician.  I am not aware of a connection between glaucoma and an acoustic neuroma (or vestibular schwannoma).  But that is not to say that there isn't one.  I have been amazed at the various ways that an acoustic neuroma can affect people.  It seems like different people have many different possible side effects, so I would not rule out anything just because it was not one of the more common result of an acoustic neuroma or from cyberknife.
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.