Author Topic: Headaches  (Read 1630 times)

ash

Headaches
« on: September 21, 2022, 10:26:13 am »
I had an acoustic neuroma cyber knifed in 2012 at Stanford. Every couple of years I would have a large hearing decrease and would go on steroids and most would come back. This happened just before thanksgiving and I couldn’t get in until Monday. Thought it was water in my ear. Steroids brought most back but louder tinnitus. Had two more flair ups in March.  Steroids for first but for second the doctor said after this one I couldn’t go on steroids for a while.  Family physician said you can only be on steroids 3 times a year. So I treated with heavy doses of ibuprofen to save steroids for a major attack. Worked faster than steroids but headaches continued for 2 weeks and went away.  Had another flair up in July and treated again with 600 mg 3 x day ibuprofen. Hearing better but headaches are still hear everyday.  High pitched sounds are painful. I wear a hearing aid and have it adjusted almost to no help at all. Got in touch with Stanford and the doctor feels it a virus of the auditory nerve.  Waiting for results from mri. Does anyone have information about this? Thank You
Born deaf in left ear, Diagnosed AN in right ear 2/1/ 2010 4 x 3 x 2mm; 8/1/2010 4 x 3 x 4mm; 9/1/2011 6 x 4 x 4 mm; 3/1/2012 8 x 4 x 4mm; Recommendations: U of Penn-GK; Stanford-CK; NY-CK; Cooper-Novalis; Pittsburgh-GK; HEI- still waiting ; Treatment: Stanford-CK 5/10/2012 (Dr. Chang, Dr. Soltys)

mwatto

Re: Headaches
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 07:39:43 pm »
I have found melatonin very useful - I do not have tinnitus- and read this helps -plus it helps damage to the acoustic nerve. I also had CK 3 years ago. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/lary.25376
Michele
20 x19x14mm Cystic AN diagnosed Feb 2019. CK.
Mri 2019 shrinking: 18x17x13 mm.
Mri 2020 - no cysts visible stable.
MRI 2021 stable no change
MRI 2022 stable no change.
MRI 2023 Further reduction 12x12x10mm!! Hearing 85%
MRI 2024: No change AN or hearing

ash

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 07:29:53 am »
Please tell me where I can find this information. Thank You
Born deaf in left ear, Diagnosed AN in right ear 2/1/ 2010 4 x 3 x 2mm; 8/1/2010 4 x 3 x 4mm; 9/1/2011 6 x 4 x 4 mm; 3/1/2012 8 x 4 x 4mm; Recommendations: U of Penn-GK; Stanford-CK; NY-CK; Cooper-Novalis; Pittsburgh-GK; HEI- still waiting ; Treatment: Stanford-CK 5/10/2012 (Dr. Chang, Dr. Soltys)

GuadalupeFlores

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 09:15:24 pm »
I had an acoustic neuroma cyber knifed in 2012 at Stanford. Every couple of years I would have a large hearing decrease and would go on steroids and most would come back. This happened just before thanksgiving and I couldn’t get in until Monday. Thought it was water in my ear. Steroids brought most back but louder tinnitus. Had two more flair ups in March.  Steroids for first but for second the doctor said after this one I couldn’t go on steroids for a while.  Family physician said you can only be on steroids 3 times a year. So I treated with heavy doses of ibuprofen to save steroids for a major attack. Worked faster than steroids but headaches continued for 2 weeks and went away.  Had another flair up in July and treated again with 600 mg 3 x day ibuprofen. Hearing better but headaches are still hear everyday.  High pitched sounds are painful. I wear a hearing aid and have it adjusted almost to no help at all. Got in touch with Stanford and the doctor feels it a virus of the auditory nerve.  Waiting for results from mri. Does anyone have information about this? Apktome Thank You
It sounds like you are experiencing fluctuations in your hearing and ringing in your ears, along with a headache. The good news is that you have contacted medical professionals and are awaiting the results of your magnetic resonance imaging to help determine the cause of your symptoms. Remember, it is essential to consult with your healthcare team for a proper diagnosis and an individualized treatment plan. They will be able to give you the most accurate information and guide you through your particular situation. Although I do not have specific information about a virus that affects the auditory nerve, it is important to rely on the expert knowledge and guidance of care providers. your health. They will have the most accurate information about your condition and can provide you with appropriate advice and treatment options. You can refer to more entertainment applications or listen to relaxing soothing music that can help relieve your headaches, there are always updated with the latest versions and completely free. Best of luck finding the answers and managing your symptoms.