Author Topic: Bone Conducting head phones  (Read 1350 times)

Marlaine

Bone Conducting head phones
« on: November 25, 2022, 11:12:30 pm »
I have been on the "wait and see" list for 6-7 yrs now....no new growth since detection... ;D

My question is about bone conducting headphones....I bought a set of these headphones and have been using them for a few days now.

I have had a few issues...mild ear pain (on the AN side) a little dizzy after taking them off....but nothing major.

I did get to thinking about the vibration issue though....and started worrying that the vibrations might "wake George up".  Also  about whether the magnets in the headphones would annoy George??

Is this something that could happen??

So is this something I should be worried about?

Thanks

Marlaine

MarlaB

• Administrator
Re: Bone Conducting head phones
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 12:53:26 am »
Great Questions..have you asked them over on the ANA FB page to ask their medical advisors? I use the Bone conducting headsets too..it took about 5 trials till I found one that fits me bes. If the volume is too loud, I get buzzing in my head. I sometimes wear earplugs if the ambient noise is too loud... so I don't have to increase the headphone volume.  Kinda defeats the purpose sometimes!!

Best of luck to you.

Marla B.

donjehle

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 06:51:28 am »
Thank you for posting in the forums, Marlaine!  I am glad to hear that you have been on watch and see for 6-7 years without any new growth.  That gives me hope.  I have been waiting and monitoring mine for just over a year without any growth.  It would be fantastic if I could go several more years like that.

I do not know anything about the bone conducting headphones.  Thanks for sharing your experience with them.  What brand are you using?

And MarlaB, you mentioned that it took 5 trials until you found one that fit you the best.  Which one did you finally settle on?  I need to explore this more.

Thanks for sharing!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

MarlaB

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 01:34:30 pm »
There are many brands, I picked the one that fit my head best, also, I shared the ones that didn't work for me with friends and they are perfectly happy with them. I landed on the Aftershokz, they are for sporting types who are out running and walking in public and need/prefer to also be able to hear nature/car sounds when present. I would not recommend any bone anchored I have tried for full-sound, SSD or not, otherwise.

I basically went online and searched for BONE ANCHORED HEAD SETS.

Best of luck!!

M