Author Topic: How to begin searching- basic starting point questions  (Read 1746 times)

emcee16328

How to begin searching- basic starting point questions
« on: July 27, 2022, 12:40:37 pm »
I am newly diagnosed and have an appointment at center in Tampa, FL.  I live about two hours away.  As many have said, I want to continue my research for additional opinions but I am looking for basic information first.

Is there a way of easily finding out high volume AN centers without just randomly calling?
When doing a phone/telehealth do the centers evaluate MY case or just explain their services and approaches?
Any other basic suggestions on the easiest way to navigate the many AN treatment centers?

Thanks for all your help.

Mary Catherine
1.5cm X .8cm X .4cm

Girldad

Re: How to begin searching- basic starting point questions
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 09:54:34 am »
I did several telehealth appointments before deciding where to go for treatment. They all had me send copies of my medical records, including MRIs, so they could go over them before my appointments. We discussed my individual case in every one of them.

This forum and research are your friends in finding high volume surgeons. If you have not requested your welcome kit from ANA, definitely do so. I can’t remember if it was in my welcome kit or on this website, but there is a list of questions to ask your doctors and surgeons during your appointment. I found this to be extremely helpful. Good luck with your search. I hope this helps.
Diagnosed 10/16/20 19.2mm x 14.7mm x 12.7mm
Last MRI on 4/27/21 19.2mm x 14.7mm x 13.8mm
Translab surgery at UCSD 3/17/22
with Drs. Friedman and Schwartz
BAHA user