Author Topic: BOSE Hearing Aid  (Read 2526 times)

Clairetaylor

BOSE Hearing Aid
« on: March 21, 2022, 10:54:08 pm »
(Moderator comment: active links have been removed)

Hi All

I've got about 36% hearing left in my AN ear since CK in Feb 2021.  I've ordered a pair of these...

to see if they help!  It's risk free - you can return them within 90 days if they don't work for you.

I'll let you know how I get on, but in the meantime has anyone with moderate hearing loss experienced these BOSE SOUND CONTROL HEARING AIDS?

Thank you - I'd be interested to discuss our findings...

Claire
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 11:15:41 am by MarlaB »
Claire
Diagnosed by Kaiser May 2019
2mm growth to 9mm x 6mm x 7mm Jan 2021
Cyberknife, Stanford, end Jan/early Feb 2021

donjehle

Re: BOSE Hearing Aid
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 02:25:36 pm »
Hi Claire!  Thanks for posting in the forums!

I have heard about the Bose hearing aids and read a couple of reviews on them, but I did not purchase them. So, I would really appreciate you posting how they work for you once you use them for a while.  That is one of the benefits of these forums -- we can share our experiences, both good and bad, with each other.

I hope they work out well for you!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

Clairetaylor

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 01:35:32 pm »
Hello All!

I thought I'd report back on the Bose Sound Control Hearing Aids. 

They haven't worked out for me and I'm GUTTED!  I found it more annoying than effective in general.  I took them to my audiologist to see what he thought (he's a friend, so was not offended that they are OTC) and he said that he hadn't heard great things in the industry about them, they are too generic for my problem. 

My problem (being an AN warrior) is that I have a different type of hearing loss than most non-AN hearing loss sufferers and personally, I need to ramp up the high frequency noise information that my brain is currently missing.  I can't do this effectively enough through the Bose aids AND my hearing is probably too far gone (moderately severe) to be able to benefit from this type of hearing aid.

Sorry it's not better news... I'm considering CROSS, or EarLens (a new type of hearing aid... not sure what it is yet or if I'm a candidate).

Best!

Claire
Claire
Diagnosed by Kaiser May 2019
2mm growth to 9mm x 6mm x 7mm Jan 2021
Cyberknife, Stanford, end Jan/early Feb 2021

donjehle

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 06:13:18 pm »
Thank you, Claire, for posting your experience with the Bose Sound Control Hearing Aids.

Bose has a great reputation for audio, but it makes a lot of sense what your audiologist friend shared with you.

I am happy with my CROS system.  The biggest complaint I have is their expense.  I don't understand why they have to be so expensive.  I was hoping the OTC ones would drive down the cost of the others, but that hasn't happened yet.

Keep us posted on what you decide to go with and how you like them.

Thanks,
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

Alyssa

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 06:01:12 pm »
I only used the last generation Bose soundcontrol headphone when I have many people around me under noisy environment. It works well. I bought it in 2019 after the AN remove surgery. I lost my left ear hearing, and my right ear is perfect.