Pre-Treatment Options > Pre-Treatment Options

CBD

(1/5) > >>

Ehle, Dave:
Has anyone tried CBD for symptom management?  Has it helped?  The Drs I have asked tell me there isn't any research on its usefulness, and I figure there might be some experience to be found here.

donjehle:
It has been a month since you posted this, Dave, and I see that no one has responded.  Have you tried CBD for symptom management?  If so, have you seen any difference?  I have relatives who use CBD for their pain, and they claim it really helps them.  But I have no idea how CBD would help with AN symptoms.  I'm skeptical that it would help with balance issues, but I really don't know.  Would it help with tinnitus?  I don't know, but I haven't heard of anyone having tried it for that.  Would it help with hearing loss?  I don't see how it could, but I don't know.  Would it help with headaches?  That seems to be the best option, in my opinion, but then I don't know.  If you have tried it, Dave, please let us know what your experience has been.

Thanks,
Don

Ehle, Dave:
Hi Don! 

I have tried some, 3 or 4 drops of an oil, on 4 or 5 days, of a full spectrum CBD oil.  It has a high level of CBD, and negligible THC.  I am completely uninterested in getting high, and this stuff did not have any intoxicating effects.  I tried it several times during daytime hours, and several others at night.  I didn't try it while working, as I wanted to get a read on any strange effects first. 

I can't say that i have noticed any definite improvement in any of the various symptoms.  I was hoping that there would be an reduction in that sense of wonkyness in balance.  no such luck.  I don't have a lot of headaches, but I do have a degree of nausea, which has led to about 15 lbs of weight loss since christmas.  there may have been a marginal improvement with that and with appetite.  not the munchies.  I have had tinnitus for decades; if it had gone away I would have noticed.  Anxiety?  I didn't notice a change. 

If there has been a benefit it has been with sleep.  I think I have had a better sleep when I have taken it.  Could be pure placebo. 

At this point though I would say that its not worth the money.  Now this is all pre-treatment; I may try it again post treatment to see if there could be benefit in the recovery stage.  There is some medical support is using CBD in MS treatment, so perhaps in a post surgery (or radiation) brain healing up situation?  I will save some of what I have and give it a try.

donjehle:
Thanks, Dave, for sharing your honest appraisal of your experience with CBD oil.  If it helps with having better sleep (even if it is a placebo effect) that might be a good thing, although I guess it depends upon the cost of the CBD oil.  And it sounds like you used some high quality stuff.

I like what you said about pre-treatment versus trying it again later post-treatment.  Who knows whether that would make a difference? But it certainly doesn't seem to hurt to try it (except in the wallet).

I know what you mean about losing weight.  I lost 20 lbs. since my initial diagnosis in November.  Mine has not been from nausea, however.  Food just does not taste the same as it used to for me.  I can taste food, but it all tastes sort of stale to me.  I have read about those who have had a metallic taste post-treatment, but all my food tastes stale, not metallic, and I'm just not interested in eating.  I don't know if adding any CBD oil would make it taste better or make it worse!

Anyway, I really appreciate you sharing your experience for the rest of who haven't tried CBD oil yet.

Ehle, Dave:
I can understand what you mean about food.  It doesn't taste right at all.  I do get the more of a metallic taste than a stale one. Coffee!  it makes me feel sick and it tastes weird.  The other thing with food is the texture is all off too.  Well, I had a few pounds to loose, so I am not going complain too much. 

Any movement on treatment for you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version