General Category > Inquiries

Has anyone had a PET scan

(1/2) > >>

kjmema:
My sister has been doing research for me and said something about getting a PET scan.  I looked it up on line and see it is a  type of scan where they inject radioactive material.  Has anyone had this and is it necessary for AN diagnostic clarification?  K.

Obita:
I have not heard of anyone getting a PET scan for an AN. 

It will be interesting to hear what others know about this............

HeadCase2:
  The accepted test for diagnosing Acoustic Neuroma is an MRI with contrast. The An tumor stands out quite readily, once the contrast has been injected, as a glowing white mass.  Search for MRI on this forum and you can see a few MRI's with An that people have posted.
Regards,
 Rob

ppearl214:
Hi Karen,

I've had a PET Scan for another medical ailment..... as Headcase has noted, MRI with contrast is the preferred method of radiology for AN's.  PET scans, from my understanding, would not be as effective in looking at the AN.  Hope that helps.

Phyl

Dealy:
Do not know why you would be opting or looking at a PET scan when MRI has been proving the effective tool for finding an AN. The only thing that excludes an MRI if you have some sort of metal in your head from prior surgery etc. Then the next best is a CAT scan. Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version