Author Topic: Bone Conduction Headphones  (Read 894 times)

donjehle

Bone Conduction Headphones
« on: September 02, 2023, 08:13:59 pm »
I read this article https://www.zdnet.com/article/best-bone-conduction-headphones/ on bone conduction headphones last month, and I have been meaning to post it here and see if anyone has tried any of them for acoustic neuromas.  The article was speaking of using them more for safety while exercising.  But I'm wondering if a bone conduction headphone could allow those of us with single-sided deafness to hear better while listening to music, podcasts, etc.?  Any thoughts?
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

carriekartman

Re: Bone Conduction Headphones
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 03:16:29 pm »
Hi Don,

My hearing is totally gone on the AN side. I'm 2 weeks post fractionated radiation treatments, and dealing with fatigue, more dizziness and balance problems, but it's incrementally getting better.  I just met with my ENT who referred me to audiology, with recommendation to either "do nothing" or try one of several bone conduction aids, which I will definitely try. ADHear is one, Ponto from Oticon Medical is another, and Cochlear.com BAHA system is another. My brother, who has no hearing loss, using over the counter ones for swimming and bike races and says the sound quality is excellent. I'm unsure what it will be like however, to have the good side taking in sound from both sides. . but want to try it out. If others already have tried any of these, I'd love to hear about it.

Carrie