General Category > AN Issues

Overwhelmed

(1/1)

RobinLee:
Hi all! I am new here and don't know where to start there are so many posts LOL. Sorry if this may end up being long. I had an MRI back in August because of dizziness and tinnitus 24/7, bouts of vertigo and also a bit of tingling in my fingers. It turns out I have an AN but it is small (according to the radiologist). My GP is having me see a neurosurgeon but can't get into to see him until 10/19. If I am on watch and wait, how do I deal with this constant dizziness, tinnitus and fatigue? I do have a problem concentrating on whatever I'm working on also. I have been trying vestibular therapy that my PT shown me but that does not help. I've been trying to learn as much as I can but it is a bit overwhelming and quite frankly, frightening. I'm already 61 and have dealt with NF1 all of my life. It's hard not to think about. Thankfully I have a very supportive husband and family.
Thank you for listening!

RayDe:
Hi Robin    i am also 61 and had the same symptoms as you but my left eyelid was twitching and my left arm was getting weak. My blood pressure was also getting high. My MRI showed a medium size AN but it was mildly compressing my brainstem so I could not do the watch and wait. I had the retrosigmoid surgery on April 30th. I was told it was a complete removal. I'm in my 5th month of recovery.  The first couple days in the hospital are hell. I stayed out of work for 4 months. Its a long road to recover. Some things are better but still struggling with others.  It will be a hard decision for you. Best of Luck.  Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version