General Category > AN Issues

Anyone else have this eye symptom?

(1/4) > >>

CA Marti:
Hi Everyone,

I've been very stressed and worried that my right eye may be affected somehow. I'll try to describe it as best as I can. Where the upper lid is, the second line above the lash line, seems to sag down more than on my other eye. The left eye's line is a normal arch, but the right one seems to sag with some extra skin and hang lower than the left eye. The movement of my eyebrow is normal, I can move it up and frown, but the skin seems to be sagging (on my AN side) more than my other eye. Maybe the muscle is weakened there? Does anyone know if this is related to the AN pressing on the facial nerve, or could it mean the facial nerve is involved somehow? I brought it up to the doctors at my last consultation but they didn't seem to look closely and just shrugged it off as not being related. I was thinking that maybe I was being paranoid so I didn't push the issue. However, the upper right eyelid definitely looks a little different than my left unaffected side. It also possibly feels a little tender on the upper lid, part above eye and under the eyebrow. It's the area that would naturally be effected by aging and would sag, but the right eye is much more than the left. Any thoughts about whether this is related or not?  I'd really appreciate anyone's input on if they had this, or if you think it's related or not. Thanks so much for your input.
Stressed but hanging in there,
CA Marti

Greece Lover:
I'm no doctor, but it sounds to me like you might just be hyper  sensitive.  I still, five years out from surgery, have things that freak me out with my face, but if I hadn't had and AN, I probably would never have given a second thought to them.  If you mentioned it to your doctor, then you're covered.  I know it's hard, but try not to worry about it! 

CA Marti:
Thanks for your reply, I truly appreciate it. I think that symptom coupled with the symptom that a lot of the time when I smile I get that little twitching under my right eye (also a bit under left eye) makes me paranoid that maybe it's a facial schwannoma. I know I have to just trust the doctors I've consulted with who all agree it's a vestibular schwannoma. The fact that some of these could be a facial schwannoma without knowing it is what poses that extra worry. Also the shape of mine is a bit different I believe, more of a nodule that's long and skinny. I really hope I am hyper sensitive and that it's not another symptom. I will try not to worry about it.
Thanks!

CA Marti:

Hi Everyone,

I suppose since nobody else replied this means that nobody else has experienced this. Either this is unrelated to the tumor and it's just a coincidence that my right eye is different than my left, or it's related to a facial schwannoma which only a handful of people have had on this forum. I'm going to call the doctor and see what they think and let everyone know what that result is.

Thanks,

Greece Lover:
sounds good. Could be helpful  for others in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version