Pre-Treatment Options > Pre-Treatment Options

Mri Results UK/NHS

(1/1)

maryblair:
Hi all.

What a great site with so much useful information and supportive contributors!  Thank you for taking the time to read my post. :)

I'm mid 40s and have unilateral tinnitus and some HF hearing loss on that side so was sent for an MRI at Guys/St Thomas' in London to rule out an AN. I have some moments of tingling/numbess in lips or tongue but I suffer with Migraine with auru so that's not particularly unusual for me.  My migraine have becoming substantially more regular in the last 6-12 months.

My mri was done without contrast which I understand is normal NHS protocol here in the UK.

The next day I got a call asking to me to go back and have another scan with contrast two weeks later.   That was three weeks ago.

I don't have a return appointment with the ENT and have no idea how long the wait will be for results.   I know it's a bit of an impossible question to answer, but given that i had to go back for a second MRI with contrast, how worried should I be?

I'm in the UK so I know MRI with contrast isn't standard.

Thanks so much,
Mary.

Greece Lover:
Hi Mary,
you're right, it is hard to know how worried you should be. Even if it's AN, don't be too worried.  These things can be dealt with. And rarely are they an emergency.  So, it's hard to have patience, but just do your best!  Good luck. Let us know what happens.

maryblair:
Just to update.  After much nagging the hospital and an 8 week wait for results.  I got the confirmation that I do have a small 4.5mm AN on the right side.

Not a massive shock tbh.

Greece Lover:
Sorry to hear this, but at least you know.  Good luck with the decision making process.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version