General Category > Hearing Issues

Hearing loss

(1/3) > >>

Sam:
I had pretty good hearing from time of diagnosis(9/21/2006) until last night(11/27/2006). I was a little upset with my daughter, and about an hour after that I was listening to my Bible dvd with ear phones. I began to hear some weird sounds like the dvd was skipping or something shorting out. I pulled the ear phones off and realized my affected ear was ringing loudly, and my hearing appeared to have deminished alot. today when I got out of bed I felt as if I had a earplug in the affected ear. can any explain what is happening to me?
Thanks,

Sam

Palace:
Sam,

You mean "fullness" in the problem ear, correct?

Palace

Sam:
Yeah fullness a little, but it feels like one of those foam earplugs is in my ear.
Sam

Palace:
Sam,

With my probably by now 23 mm tumor, I was feeling like my ear would blow up.  It can get much worse than you described.  The symptoms come and go with me, shifting around with intensity.  (where the tumor grows and pushes the nerve around, so I was told by a doctor)

Palace

krbonner:
Sam,

Are you watch-and-wait, or are you moving forward with a treatment?  How big is your AN?

In Nov 2004, I woke up with my left ear suddenly plugged up, feeling full, and diminished hearing.  That's what started my journey to diagnosis.  But it was a sudden shift for me - not gradual the way many describe it.  It *can* happen suddenly.  As to why it does that for some of us, I don't know.  If you'd feel better, please call your doctor and describe your change in symptoms.

Good luck!
Katie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version