Author Topic: Blurred vision  (Read 2588 times)

melrieken

Blurred vision
« on: September 27, 2020, 11:11:05 am »
I was diagnosed with a 1.7 cm AN about 1.5 years ago.  My symptoms are minor but recently I have had some blurred vision in my right eye (AN is on left side).  My Optometrist says that I have a small vitreous separation that is causing this.  I was diagnosed with the vitreous separation about 3 weeks ago and it is not improving.  The blurred vision comes and goes and seems to be in the center of my vision.  Has any one else experienced this and is there even a remote possibility that this could be caused by my AN?  Not sure whether I should contact my doctors or not.  (My last MRI was in July of this year and it was 'stable').  Appreciate any and all input. 

bobster755

• W&W
Re: Blurred vision
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 11:20:15 pm »
I also recently had a viseral separation starting last may. Had a couple blurred vision episodes. I'm also 65 and VS is not uncommon as people age. I had a decent size floater show up along with I can only decribe as a ball of hair. I mostly notice it looking at a white screen or ceramic sink or outside looking at a bright sky. I've had 3 appointments in 4 months and they decided it's stable though still partially attached. It can be a serious condition (retina hole) so you have to keep an eye on till it completly detatches. No blurred vision episodes lately. I do wonder if the AN brought it on.
March 2017 sudden hearing loss left ear
July 2018 MRI 3mm AN IAC
Awful Tinnitus , moderate hearing loss, fatigue.
Jan 26 2019 Follow up MRI - unremarkable
15db hearing loss from last year. come and go facial symptoms

Surfer

Re: Blurred vision
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 01:17:06 pm »
I have the same problem in my right eye. The side of the 4.2 cm removal 4 years ago. Im sixty.  Its impossible to correctly attribute some of my problems to the tumor or aging. I ask myself how knowing why would help me since there is nothing that can be done for me. I accept these losses and continue to try to enjoy life acknowledging that I am actually very fortunate to be alive at this time in history.
February 2016- 4.6 cm removed at Sloan Kettering NY by Dr. Gutin and Dr. Selesnick.  Residual left behind to preserve the facial nerve. Two year MRI indicates a shrinking of the residual. Three year MRI indicates no change in size.