Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

18 years after surgery having issues

(1/1)

Cynaburst:
I had my AN removed 18 years ago and had done quite well.  However, I have recently been having issues with my AN side eye.  I have had 4 corneal abrasions in the last two years.  My eye is also dry, and at night when I sleep using a fan, it is much worse.

I have also gone through menopause, and I think that is causing the issue as now everything is dryer and at the same time, I am always hot, so I need the fan so I can sleep.

Is there anything you can recommend. I am trying to use saline drops, but not sure it is making much difference.  And the scratches happen in the day time or when I take off makeup. Mostly related to makeup.

And a related question - is there a kind of makeup that won't bother my eyes?

Thanks for any input.

bfoley:
Sorry to hear about the new issues Cynaburst!  I can relate to the fan/menopause/night time dry eye.  I found that the systane ointment was the only thing that allowed me to not have a painful eye on waking in the am.  The systane gel tears did not last long enough for night use, but they do last for quite a while during the day.

On the makeup side - did you change anything recently?  Brands, etc?  I use as little makeup as possible, and never waterproof as it is hard to remove.  One site that I do use to research makeup brands is https://www.beautypedia.com/
 Research was started by someone with sensitive skin - allergic reactions and rosacea.  I hope you can find something that works for you!

alabamajane:
Sorry to hear about your eye problems,, I too have issues since surgery in 2011.

My eye closes almost completely when sleeping but as I sleep under a ceiling fan ,, I use an eye/ sleep mask and this has helped immensely. I used to use the ointment but don’t have to when I use the mask. The mask seems to help keep the eyelid closed.

I hope this suggestion helps. As far as makeup,, sorry, I just quit wearing it ,,,  ::) I was afraid immediately after my surgery about corneal scratching so I stopped wearing mascara. My eye gets irritated enough just washing my face with facial soap so didn’t want to have any makeup on also. Sorry,, hope you can find something that you can use.

Jane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version