Author Topic: Facial Symptoms and fatigue two years after surgery  (Read 5404 times)

jrlf

• AN on left side. Retrosigmoid surgery Jan 2019.
Facial Symptoms and fatigue two years after surgery
« on: January 03, 2021, 07:25:31 pm »
Hello, I am closing in two years from my surgery (rectosigmoid, left side, Jan 2019). I had essentially no facial symptoms after. However, around 3 months ago, I started to feel twitch on my left side. The twitch sort of stopped but I a have funny feeling on my face, which seems to move around a bit. Also, on Dec 18th, a sudden fatigue started, which makes me a bit drowsy, foggy minded and dizzy (balance issues). It makes it hard to concentrate, exercise, etc.
I've had two MRIs between September and November and my doctor says she can't seem to find any apparent issues (no regrowth).
Has anybody experienced anything like this? Could it be something other than the tumor acting out?

Thank you

J
AN on left side. Retrosigmoid surgery Jan 2019.
CSF leaf fixed with second surgery 18 days after the first one.
Paranoid about having CSF leak again. :)
Back to work in 4 months.

gbly

Re: Facial Symptoms and fatigue two years after surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 09:59:19 pm »
jrif,
I am sorry I have nothing to contribute, but wanted to pass along that we are extremely interested in what they find out.  It is challenging because it is the same dang symptoms with the AN. 
Good luck.
GB

jrlf

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:48:56 am »
jrif,
I am sorry I have nothing to contribute, but wanted to pass along that we are extremely interested in what they find out.  It is challenging because it is the same dang symptoms with the AN. 
Good luck.
GB
No problem, GB. I will keep the thread posted once I know. Symptoms continue. I have a blurred vision and a lot of neck pain as well. I even thought it could be COVID-19 (fatigue might qualify) but I find it unlikely. Going to an ER these days seems a bit extreme unless you are completely debilitated.
Working has been difficult. It is hard to focus. I am glad I work from home.
One thing I've learned with AN is that one needs to keep pushing. It is though sometimes but I am not ready to give up yet. :)
Cheers
J

jrlf

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 07:48:17 am »
A quick update: I had calls with the neurosurgeon (fellow) regarding the symptoms and with my family doctor as well. Neither know what could be causing them. There is no evidence of tumor growth and no signs of anything else in my routine lab exams.
So, in a nut shell, I just wait and see if the "fatigue/dizziness/head pressure/facial tingling/neck pain" go away or symptoms get worse. With the whole COVID-19 thing, I just hope they don't. I definitely don't want to an emergency room these days.

Thank you and stay safe!

J

gbly

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 07:56:15 pm »
It is good you have no evidence of a regrowth so that is wonderful.  But yes very frustrating that you don't have any answers.  Keep us posted.
GB