Author Topic: Someone posted about Klonopin or CO-Q-19 for Severe tinnitus?  (Read 3163 times)

BigJoeBass48

Someone posted about Klonopin or CO-Q-19 for Severe tinnitus?
« on: February 18, 2020, 01:50:31 pm »
I  was following posts on this site before I finally decided to post on my own dilemma. It was pretty long, sorry.

I read from someone on this site that Klonopin can tackle tinnitus. My doctor cannot give me Klonopin because I already take 4mg a day of Ativan. But he said I could "switch" from Ativan to Klonopin. Any opinions? I took Klonopin once "with" Ativan for panic disorder and it really works on that. But that was early 1990s.

I am 62 and a longtime cardiac patient. I am wary of any new vitamin or supplement like CoQ10 that is for the heart? But if it can affect this tinnitus I would try. Everything works at first, but then my Tinnitus adapts and overcomes. If I don't use product for a couple months the tinnitus "forgets" and the drug or vitamin like Gingko Baloba works again for awhile.

chefcrsh

• Welcome
Re: Someone posted about Klonopin or CO-Q-19 for Severe tinnitus?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 12:07:16 pm »
Have you considered mindfulness meditation? There is a practice for pain/itch/noise where one makes sensation the object of focus...delve in and be with rather than resist. My own tinnitus has been growing steadily and has gone from a sporadic white noise to a constant high pitched audio presence. I have found mindfulness helps .
8mm tumor diagnosed VS 7/2019.
Rescanned at 9mm 12/2019 T1 Hyperintense. Rescanned 6/2020 with fat suppression new diagnosis Lipochoristoma 9mm.
On W&W indefinitely.

BigJoeBass48

Re: Someone posted about Klonopin or CO-Q-19 for Severe tinnitus?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 02:23:39 am »
Thank you for this reply. I took a class on Mindfulness in 2018. It wasn't bad, I learned a few things, but even the instructor said his class could not really help with tinnitus. The class was mostly for people trying to get off Opiates. I took them for 18 months after the dental injury that caused me to seek a nerve block which caused the tinnitus again after 6 years when a quack dentist extracted tooth #5 in 2014 and did horrific damage to the area above the tooth, the gum line and tinnitus resulted but went away.. But I never had a problem coming off those nasty opiates. The tinnitus just persists. I can usually get to sleep but I wake up at 4 a.m. with this screeching in my right ear, so depressing. Thank-you for this reply.