Author Topic: Baha Pain  (Read 3841 times)

debrubin19

Baha Pain
« on: July 12, 2019, 04:11:58 pm »
I had my AN surgery 1.5 years ago and had my Baha 5 put in at the same time.  In the beginning I had a lot of infections and other problems.  We removed the post for a few months and everything cleared up.  I had it put back in and I have nonstop pain since then.  The area looks perfect according to my doctor but it always hurts to the touch and when I lay down.  I have been going in monthly to see him and get Marcaine injections in my head to try to help the pain but nothing really does.  His only solution is to remove the Baha, which seems so silly because the area looks perfect.  Has anyone ever heard of or experienced anything like this.  I am beyond frustrated.

Many thanks,

Debbie
Notify

alabamajane

Re: Baha Pain
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 05:09:37 pm »
Hi Debbie,
I have had a BAHA since 2014. I have not experienced any problems with it though so can’t really help you. I did want to reply  though and support you.

I wonder if the post is pressing on a nerve by chance or if you had titanium mesh put in with AN surgery if it is touching it perhaps,, not sure this is even a feasible possibility,,,,,, just thinking that since the pain was relieved when post was removed maybe it is something like that,,,,

It’s strange that the area looks good and seems healed yet still hurts so badly,,, I sure hope it resolves soon for you. It would be bad to have to have it removed permanently.

Good luck,,
Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

debrubin19

Re: Baha Pain
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 06:50:50 am »
No clue.  I will mention it when I see the doctor next.  Thanks so much for your response.  Much appreciated.