Author Topic: Itchy and painful scalp  (Read 2051 times)

jrlf

• AN on left side. Retrosigmoid surgery Jan 2019.
Itchy and painful scalp
« on: May 06, 2019, 05:42:08 am »
Old topic. Found some references but wanted to ask anyways.
 I had my surgery a bit over 3 months ago and have some itching. It started about a month ago. However, it seems to be close but not exactly where the incision is. It is happening more on top of my head. It will also kinda hurt (stinging pain) and a feeling of tugging on the skin. It will also sting all across the top of my head (as if crawling and expanding).
There's nothing visual on the outside. I assume some healing is going on but since I had a few complications (CSF leak, some leak through the incision), I became a little paranoid.

Did anybody experience anything like it?

Thank you
JF
AN on left side. Retrosigmoid surgery Jan 2019.
CSF leaf fixed with second surgery 18 days after the first one.
Paranoid about having CSF leak again. :)
Back to work in 4 months.

Patti

Re: Itchy and painful scalp
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 06:47:51 am »
JF - I had surgery almost 19 years ago and there are times my head (which is numb) itches like crazy. It doesn't happen as frequently anymore, but still can, especially in the evening.  Patti
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

JLR

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 04:57:45 am »
Hi JF I had surgery retrosig Nov 2016. In the last 6 months I have had a terrible itchy scalp. On the top of my head like yours. Originally thought it was my shampoo but now I’m convinced it’s from surgery. I think it’s all the nerves perhaps healing. Stay well. Joan

chrisabbott

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 09:03:17 pm »
I just noticed this thread as I was scratching my head!

It's not near my incision, it's higher up but well over on my AN side in the area that is numb - it definitely is more noticeable in the evening or if I'm tired.  I also wondered if it was my shampoo but it seemed unlikely since it's just this one area and my menfolk have assured me the skin looks fine up there.
Strange tastes, facial numbness symptoms led to MRI 3/2019: 2.4 x 3.2 x 2.6 cm VS on left side
Left hearing went 4/2019
Translab 06132019:  1.4 x 2.4 x 1.6 cm residual stuck to facial nerve & brain stem
MRI 12122019:  1.6 x 3.2 x 2.3 cm
Translab 01132020:  0.1 x 0.75 x 0.57 + 1.5 x 0.5 cm
GK next