Author Topic: Botox Treatments  (Read 4188 times)

Kaci

Botox Treatments
« on: March 13, 2019, 08:57:04 pm »
I had my surgery 20 months ago. I am having Botox treatments soon and looking for others experience with Botox and how much it helped? Thank you

Rhcdad

Re: Botox Treatments
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 09:49:46 am »
I have been getting these for about 2 years now, about 4 times a year. They help quite a bit with my face looking more normal, not so much for my smile. I am continuing to get these, I would guess every situation is unique so I say give it a try and see how it affects you.
2.54 cm tumor
TransLab @ House Clinic
Surgery 10/27/15
Numerous Post Surgery Issues

JLR

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 03:59:45 am »
I'm 2.5 yrs post surgery. I do have synkensis. My right eye is very drooped. I was looking into Botox but my eye dr said I run the possibility that the eye will be unable to close after Botox. I spent many many months taping my eye closed at night and I don't want this to happen. Any thoughts??? Thanks so much, Joan

Rhcdad

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 06:15:48 am »
I would contact Dr. Hadlock in Boston and discuss your situation with her. That is who I see, I think she is a straight shooter and I like her. She is at Mass Eye and Ear, if you can't get to her I'm sure she could recommend someone in your relative area. Best of luck, I too suffer from Synkinesis, god how I hate word.. Stay Strong.
2.54 cm tumor
TransLab @ House Clinic
Surgery 10/27/15

JLR

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 04:27:52 am »
Thanks very much.  I will contact Dr. Hadlock!

debbiefletcher

• Middle fossa surgery 2011 for 8.5 mm AN
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 08:47:25 am »
I am eight years post-op and have had facial nerve damage immediately and synkinesis  since 4 months after surgery. Botox has helped tremendously, as I used to have horrible muscle spasms in my facial muscles. The right (surgery) side of my mouth had a very pronounced droop in the beginning, but looks almost normal now. Insurance didn't want to pay, but I kept fighting until they approved. Good luck!

JLR

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 03:35:22 am »
Since I have that awful eye droop my eye dr doesn't recommend Botox because it might freeze the eye muscle and have difficulty closing eye (which I had for over a yr. now eye closes fine). Do you have Botox to correct eye droop. Thanks

lablove

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 05:32:47 am »
Botox performed in a synekinesis clinic by a plastic / reconstructive surgeon working side by side with a facial physical therapist while being followed by an ophthalmologist is the way to go. Every 3 month assessments / modifications / treatments has been life changing. I couldn't be more happy in my awful situation of severe facial paralysis. The good thing about botox is that it does wear off so even if the eye doesn't close & needs more attention, the dosage & placement of the injections can be changed. I have confidence in exact placement of the toxin by the experienced facial palsy plastic surgeon. While botox is readily offered & available by lots of practitioners, I would look for one who works with a PT & your surgeon. It will be 2 years next week post surgery & every 3 months followup with PT evaluation & Botox started 8 months postop. There continues to be small improvements in function of facial muscles & I continue to be positive & hopeful though I sure miss my toothy grin.

Kaci

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 09:30:45 pm »
Thank you all for your opinions and sharing your own experiences. Updating on my Botox appt. the plastic surgeon works with my surgeon and neurosurgeon so I felt he understood my situation. I do have synkinesis and I must say it’s so annoying. When I blink my mouth moves with it and i always feel like I’m twitching, I just want it to relax. So hard to explain but if you experience this I guess you would understand it. I had Botox for the dimpling, above my right brow to try and lift the lid more and a lot around my mouth to even it out more. I was blinking better prior to the Botox, almost fully closing and the Botox made it more difficult to close now. Not back to where it was but def affected that. He was very conservative for this reason. My mouth area looks better, that dimple is gone but another was created in a different spot. For the first week I felt like it may have relaxed my muscles because I wasn’t twitching as much, that pulling to the right feeling but now it seems to be back. Other then not having tears, losing my hearing on one side, the pulling of that facial muscle is hard to deal with. Overall I’m happy I had it done, I go back in a few weeks to possibly to alittle more. Insurance did pay for the Botox

Rhcdad

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 05:31:20 am »
Good to hear! Constant hills for us on the other side to climb. It can get you at times. I'm headed to the gym, something I found super beneficial.
2.54 cm tumor
TransLab @ House Clinic
Surgery 10/27/15