Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

Post-OP RS ant-crawling like sensation on paralysed part of face

(1/2) > >>

MT:
Hi all,

I had AN surgery (RS approach) to remove 2.7cm tumor. Since the start of 3rd week post-op (until today), I  feel sensation in the paralyzed part of face. This sensation is like lots of ants crawling over the affected area and sensitivity is usually triggered by exercises/massage I do and increases as I continue. The feelings are calmed down only when I softly rub the area with a wet-warm cloth.

My question is "Is it something to worry about or is a sign of recovery/nerve repair?"

Current situation:

* I am 1 month and 5 days since the RS surgery, and I have my 1st post-op appointment with surgeon in 2 months time from today.
* I only do exercises and massage twice a day, once after waking up and once before going to bed.
* I still cannot move right side of face (which was paralysed) including lifting the eye-brow and completely close eye-lid. Docs said it will improve over 4 to 6 months as my facial nerve was preserved during operation.I hope this sensation is a sign of recovery but will appreciate if people can share their experience.

Thanks

Sanderson:
I think it is a sign of recovery! Any feeling of any kind is a good thing! I would welcome the feeling of ants running over my face!

Make sure you are taking care of your eye with drops/ointment and walking and moving as much as possible to keep yourself in good shape. Yoga helped me recover my balance!

Keep us posted!

MT:
Thanks Sanderson, appreciate your advice and I will keep forum posted.

I don't have balancing issues and plan to resume gym in 1 or 2 weeks from today -- my stamina has crashed to below earth levels. Only issues now are facial palsy and this malfunctioning "eye-lid" thing (due to palsy) which is irritating me to hell. I am doing my best to keep eye lubricated using drops and ointment. I hope to be out of this mess soon!

Sanderson:
The eye issue is very irritating. I often have ointment under my bad eye but my vision is at least protected.

v357139:
MT,
I'm no expert but sensation sounds good and not bad.  Also, are you working with a facial rehab person?  They say Jackie Diels is the best.  I wish you best of luck.
Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version