General Category > AN Issues

Suspected AN - Dizzy for a week consistantly + unilaterial tinnitus / pain

(1/4) > >>

dontwant2believe:
ive been struggling with my right ear since atleast 2015 with morse code type beeping tinnitus at 1542hz frequency. most recently about late 2017 through 2018 there has been a significant amount of ear pain that changes depending on if i tug my earlobe or move jaw.
also for example if i lay on my right ear on the pillow it feels like theres something inside my ear and that feeling changes depending on jaw movement

now the most worrysome symptom on top of all of this is just the past week i woke up one day completely dizzy as if  I was seasick, rocking back and forth on a boat. This has not stopped since then.  I am persistently 100% dizzy all day long and nauseous . I feel seasick all day long.

I had a CT scan, and an MRI (WITHOUT CONTRAST) sometime in 2016. Both came back normal.

How likely is these issues related to having AN?
my biggest concern is the MRI and cat scan I had in 2016 was done WITHOUT contrast so it is not fully conclusive.

Why would I have unilaterial tinnitus, ear pain, constant vertigo/dizziness, extreme fatigue?

golfguy49:
Sorry to hear about your troubles.  The initial MRI of my whole head showed nothing as well, but then my doc ordered an MRI of of IAC (internal auditory canal) - a much more detailed look at areas specifically around the ears, and boom, there it was.  Get it with and without contrast, assuming you are not allergic to gadolinium.  Maybe that more detailed MRI should be your next step.  Best of luck to you.

notaclone13:
Hello and welcome,
All of us here feel your pain. Before you assume the worst, take golfguy’s excellent advice and get another MRI with contrast.  The fact that moving your jaw causes pain could indicate TMJ which is also associated with tinnitus.  Also, dizziness might be due to something as simple as a misplaced calcium crystal. In 2015, I had the worst vertigo attack ever. I could not even move the first day. After 3 weeks of constant dizziness I went to an ENT who noticed I had nystagmus ( jerky eye movement) on the right side and correctly diagnosed me with a misplaced otoconia. They performed an Eppley maneuver to reposition the crystal and I was instantanly cured. I was thoroughly amazed.  The thing is, I likely had the AN at that time, but didn’t know it. The AN did not cause the dizziness I experienced 3 years ago, although it likely exacerbated the problem. No use in worrying about an AN when that may not be the problem.  Your symptoms could be due to something much less complex and easier to fix.

dontwant2believe:

--- Quote from: golfguy49 on November 29, 2018, 10:02:04 am ---Sorry to hear about your troubles.  The initial MRI of my whole head showed nothing as well, but then my doc ordered an MRI of of IAC (internal auditory canal) - a much more detailed look at areas specifically around the ears, and boom, there it was.  Get it with and without contrast, assuming you are not allergic to gadolinium.  Maybe that more detailed MRI should be your next step.  Best of luck to you.

--- End quote ---

Was your initial MRI with contrast or not?

golfguy49:
The whole head one was with contrast as well, yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version