Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

GK Treatment - Dr Jason Sheehan at UVA - Nov 2018 for 14mm AN

<< < (3/3)

kestes:
5 month update – just had my followup mri, AN showed slight increase and also showed some necrosis in  tumor.  All of this seems normal for the course of a recently radiated tumor.  My doctor will see me in 6 months and expects the tumor to shrink over time.  I have begun experiencing some slight vertigo episodes, lasting maybe a minute or so.  I am trying to learn what triggers them and then don’t do that particular thing.  For instance walking up stairs I get woozy, but walking downstairs I am ok – so I take the elevator instead.  When I run, I have to look straight ahead – but I still run 2 miles a few times a week.  I have taken a round of tapered steroids but that made me feel worse, so I will keep exercising and adjusting to what I need to adjust to.  Fatigue is a factor, but I had fatigue before GK and is about the same.  Tinnitus before GK and about the same now as well.  Hearing seems to have decreased but not sure how much. I can still talk on cell phone but things are kind of static.  Otherwise I feel good, no headaches or facial spasms at this point and will continue living and enjoying life! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version