Author Topic: ear fullness  (Read 2354 times)

notaclone13

ear fullness
« on: September 05, 2018, 01:17:52 pm »
Has anyone found anything that helps with the full ear feeling?  In my case ear fullness seems to go along with more tinnitus and wonky head. Yesterday I felt almost normal and tinnitus was almost negligible. Today I woke up with louder tinnitus, ear fullness and much more dizziness than yesterday. Since the weather was clear yesterday and rainy today, it might be related to barometric changes. But many times there appears to be no correlation. I am considering trying one of those steroid nasal sprays to see if that would help.  Just wondering if any of my friends on the forum have found something that helps with the "glue ear" feeling.

lablove

Re: ear fullness
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 05:28:03 am »
Turns out the ear fullness feeling may be directly related to the tumor presence with no treatment, but I suggest checking in with your doc. After my tumor removal resulting in single side deafness and tinnitus, I still have ear fullness but it feels different than the pre surgical fullness.Good luck to you!

notaclone13

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 06:51:02 am »
Thanks for your reply Lablove. What I wonder about is why the feeling of ear fullness varies from one day to another, unless the tumor moves or swells from one day to another. Perhaps the earfullness one gets after surgical removal is due to scar tissue? No matter what the cause cotton ear is very annoying, but then again so are all the other things that come with ANs.

gary.s

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 10:17:35 am »
Hi notaclone 13,

Prior to being diagnosed with my AN, I was given a prescription for steroid nasal sprays in hopes of solving my supposed allergies. The nasal sprays did absolutely nothing for my ear fullness or tinnitus, although they did clear my sinuses. I used it as prescribed for about six months and then stopped.

I find that when I sleep on my AN side with that ear on the pillow, I wake up with more fullness, tinnitus and sometimes pain in my cheek. I also find that the barometric pressure, which can be extreme here in the desert, causes me lots of discomfort. At times either a heating pad, or an ice pack helps relieve some of the pressure/fullness caused by the AN. My symptoms after Cyber Knife have really not changed, the fullness continues with daily ringing in my AN ear. I guess we just have to get used to a noisy and clogged head. Tylenol helps also. Stay strong...

Gary
Mild symptoms on right side July 2014
CK April 16-20, 2018, Barrow Neurological Institute
9/2018 hearing aid Phonak Audeo B and Cros B

notaclone13

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 10:58:57 am »
Hi Gary,
Thanks for your advise about the Tylenol. I caught a cold and it really played havoc with my ear. The tinnitus was much worse and both ears were stuffed up. The AN ear felt like there was a wad of gum stuck in it and the fullness was worse than usual. I took a couple of extra strength Tylenol last night and so far today the ear feels better. Hope it continues to help with this issue. How are you doing these days. Hope you are able to resume your normal activities post Cyberknife.

M.A.