Author Topic: Aybody had Drs. Golfinos and Roland?  (Read 4500 times)

jerseygirl

Aybody had Drs. Golfinos and Roland?
« on: September 30, 2006, 04:56:04 pm »
Hello, I was wondering if anybody had Drs. Golfinos and Roland from NYU? How was your experience?
I would appreciate any information!

Eve

Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

LBM

Re: Aybody had Drs. Golfinos and Roland?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 08:17:39 pm »
Eve,
I was just reading some of your posts and wanted to reply to this one. I know a doctor who is in his 40's and was diagnosed with an AN, a few mm about six months ago. He used Golfinos and Roland and raved about them. His presenting symptom was tinnitus and vertigo. I am not sure why he went with surgery since the tumor was so small but did anyway. As you know everyone has a very different outcome. He lost his hearing and has facial weakness but doesn't regret his choice of surgeons. Last spring about a year after my surgery due to severe pain my neurosurgeon recommended removing the titanium plate he had placed. He didn't seem confident that this would significantly reduce my pain and therefore I was scepticle. I decided to see Golfinos for a second opionion who didn't think that taking out the plate would make a difference and the thought of another surgery frightened me. He is a very nice man and spent a lot of time talking with me and I think he is worth talking to. All in all every case is different and you never know the outcome. Best of luck to you
Lauren