Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

are you still as sharp mentally ?

(1/5) > >>

marvin65:
I am wondering whether after surgery, you find that mentally, it makes you think slower
 or come up with words ? 

JD808:
Yes, 3 weeks out from my Translab my cognitive skills are still strong. Fatigue is a real issue though that does impact mental acuity when it sets in.

marvin65:
JD808.  Then I think my verbal skills( choice of words) are affected bec it affected my cerebellum. In my MRI scan after 2 months shows some white area in the cerebellum. It affects coordination.  Sort of like a ministroke. Not everyone is affected the same way. Thanks for your feedback.     

Patti:
yes! i have never been the same.  maybe because of hydrocephallus or other complications. but i had to stop being a teacher. 

Surfer:
Two years post op.  4.2 cm.tumor- sub total. No surgery complications to note.  58 years old.  Athletic.

No!  My memory and abilities are definitely compromised.  Searching for words and typing is a challenge.  It was more significant during the first year,  It's gotten better, but still a problem.  Fatigue and wonky head is with me most of the time.

I think the damage was done by the tumor size impinging on my brainstem.  That's just a hunch.  No one has ever explained the physical reason why? What I keep hearing is that we are all different. With that being said, I am fortunate with the positive outcome.  It's helpful for me to know I am not alone in this struggle.  Thank you for posting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version