Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

Keloid

(1/1)

marvin65:
Does anyone have keloid or prone to keloid? Did the surgery site grew Keloid scars ? I am keloid former. Almost 9 months post op. I am lnot sure if there is keloid scar. I try to apply the silicone gel. How long is a scar considered safe and not growing after surgery ? TIA

Shah_jl:
Hi Marvin! I'm prone to keloid. I am 4 weeks post op from middle fossa and has my dermatologist keeping an eye on my scars. My scars are healing nicely and are mostly flat except the incision that was in front of my ear is more raised. I am putting a scilicon sheet on that part. I did get an injection of the scar on my stomach because it was more raised due to them using an old incision line and it is now flat. Have you seen your doctor/dermatologist? Maybe it's time for something other than the silicone if you are still having issues? Sometimes the keloid can be under the skin as well.

marvin65:
Hi Shah-jl , Thank you for sharing.Sorry not able to check the forum lately.   I probably should try to silicone sheet. Not just gel. When it gets cooler in a few days.I will try. The scar that is on the skull is good. Not seem to grow keloid in the skull. but near the ear . the part of the skull that doesn't grow hair is the one Im also taking care of now. Yes, my derma saw it a few months ago, I try to avoid shots so I will try the silicone sheet. My tummy scar looks ok.   I did not know that keloid can be under the skin as well.  Do we need to treat it ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version