Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

Night time preservative free ointment

(1/4) > >>

JLR:
I have been using ointment at bedtime for these past 20 months. Used mostly Refresh PM ointment but it apparently is off the market. Been everywhere. The CVS brand has the same balance of ingredients but I've noticed recently that my eye bothers me at night time so I thought I'd better switch brands. CVS now has Retaine Nighttime, it's preservative free, but I never heard of that brand, in fact neither did the pharmacist. Anyway, I purchased it. And just applied it. So my question is has anyone tried that brand. My dry eye is way better but my doctor recommends continuing with drops daytime and ointment at night. Thanks everyone.  Joan

Patti:
Joan-I have been using eyedrops all day and night for 18 years! I'm not sure if it ever gets better.  But just to give you a history, For the first 14 years I used an ointment in a green bottle (refresh i think), but the critical thing was it had to be 1% methylcellulose which is thicker.  But then i was having frequent problems.  My doctor said i had to switch to preservative free drops so now i buy Refresh Celluvisc.  The nice thing is that it dries at night and glues my eyes shut so i don't need any greasy ointment (which does not keep my eye shut).  It is a constant issue.  Patti

LakeErie:
Sorry, I have never used the brand you mentioned, but have a general question for you. Over the 20 month period, have you regained better lid closure to any degree, or better eyelid movement in general? Even if not normal yet? Thanks

Patti:
actually my lid closure got better so i convinced the surgeon to remove the gold eye-lid weight maybe after 7 years? it still is good but not total.

JLR:
I'm now using CVS brand ointment preservative free as it's the closest to Refresh Pm which apparently has been discontinued. And yes I can easily close my eye. I had to tape my eye closed at night the first year or so but it does thank goodness close. But I have synkensis and still paralyzed on certain spots of face. For example my right eyebrow does not move. What a journey. Let's please stay in touch. Joan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version