Watch and Wait > For those in the 'watch and wait' status

My Story

<< < (2/2)

DodgeAU:
Hey Draguin

I did confirm with clinic that I had contrast with my MRI 3 years ago.

That means my AN has grown approx 6mm within 3 year period. . It’s kinda mixed feeling I’m sad to know that I have AN but on the other hand I’m glad that finally I know now what’s wrong with my left ear. Btw, my right ear is perfectly fine No issues at all. I have no balance or facial issues, only severe hearing loss and constant tinnitus in left AN ear. I just did balance tests in clinic this week and still perfect.

I hope your symptoms on the other ear are not indications of another neuroma. I’ve read NF2 type neuroma is hereditary while single sided neuroma could be caused by environmental factors.

I have a feeling this was caused by using mobile cell phone on my left ear for many years,,, maybe just my best guess for myself.

Do you have any family or relatives with neuroma?

DodgeAU

draguln:
Hi Dodge,
I do not have any relatives with neuroma. Both of my parents are 70+ old and without health issue. At first, I believed as you that it prevents me from NF2.
However, according my research, half the case of NF2 are not hereditary but are related to some issue during foetus creation.
I'm still struggling (and the doctors as well) to understand what is happening with my left side.
In January 18, I began with only tinnitus but disturbing in the right ear. It never stoped and MRI ordered in January shows the right 5mm AN. Before that not symptom at all.
In March 18, I began to get some tinitus in the left ear... ( Pulsatile type and only few time per day, maybe not every day).
In May 18, I began to get what I called my left facial tingling (pressure or mild burning feeling in cheek, lips, temple , corner of the mouth). Location varies and it is not all the day but almost every day.
End of June 18, MRI 2 showed nothing in the left side and still a 5mm right AN. I had other tests that show no hearing impairment on left ear and very mild on the right one. I'm due for MRI in January 19. Hopefully, I still will be clear...
I used a lot my mobile cell phone on my right ear but you know AN exist before cell phone invention. Hopefully, they will found out what is the root cause and how to treat them without damage.
Draguln

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version