General Category > AN Issues

MRI Without Contrast

<< < (2/2)

pamela1012:
The reaction I had was mild itching on my chest.  I honestly wasn't sure if it was due to the contrast or the sweater I happened to be wearing prior to the scans.  Regardless, the ENT refused to budge on doing contrast, so I had the MRI without.  The imaging facility won't send the report for another day or so, but I did request a CD of the scans.  I am nervous about the results, especially because I saw the linked image.  It doesn't look good.  I'm not sure if this link will work.  I tried attaching an image but it won't let me.  :-[ https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipM5Xwqad-Q6CTMCo4gG9ILw-Dn5rDiie8nBWakB

notaclone13:
We can't open the image, at least I couldn't, but try not to panic until you get the radiologist report.  Evaluating brain MRIs  takes expertise. As for the contrast agent, it is much better to err on the side of safety.  Allergic reactions tend to become more intense with each exposure. In view of the mild itching last time around, they would not want to risk anaphylactic shock on subsequent exposure.  Try to stay calm as worrying only makes things worse. Please let us know how it goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version