Author Topic: W&W - Hearing Loss Improved?  (Read 3115 times)

wonder918816

W&W - Hearing Loss Improved?
« on: July 26, 2020, 07:41:51 pm »
Hi Everyone!

I was recently diagnosed with a 6.5mm and currently on W&W as my ENT doesn't think we're in a hurry to do anything. When my right AN was first discovered, my hearing was muffled, followed by tinnitus, and sometimes intolerable head pressure. My ENT prescribed prednisone, after 2 weeks, head pressure was gone, and tinnitus became milder. The really weird thing is even my hearing has gotten much better lately. I tried talking on the phone using my AN ear, and I was able to hear pretty clear versus when it was first discovered. According to my ENT, I will eventually lose my hearing down the road due to the location so I'm just very surprised that my hearing has actually improved the past one week.

Does anyone have similar experience?

Amy

Tongalejayant

Re: W&W - Hearing Loss Improved?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 02:45:12 am »
prednisone reduces inflammation in  brain so its  improved hearing may be result of same. and as the time goes there is observed in increased and decreased the hearing capacity.

ottomotion

Re: W&W - Hearing Loss Improved?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 04:56:49 pm »
Had a very similar experience as you. I experienced loud tinnitus on 9/16 and lost two-third of my hearing on the right 3 days later. I frantically called my hospital and got on prednisone for 11 days. By the 8th day, my hearing was within 90% of my left hearing. It’s been a couple of weeks since I stopped taking prednisone, and my hearing continues to improve to where my audiogram shows symmetrical hearing. I have a 1.2cm x 1.1cm AN on the right side and all doctors recommend watch-and-wait since I don’t have any symptoms besides a very quiet tinnitus that seems to be fading away by the day.