Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

CyberKnife Journey at Stanford

<< < (2/21) > >>

Gtmochi:
Hi Gary, Notaclone13 and SP! Thank you so much for your kind support. It really means a lot and I am grateful. :)

Gtmochi:
Hi everyone,

This morning was my first CyberKnife treatment. I was so scared - not so much of the machine or what was happening today, but more a sort of fear of what lies ahead in the months to come. I wish there were an algorithm to determine which patients encounter rough patches and which sail through! Still, not once did I doubt my choice! In any case,the nurse, radiation guy and Dr. Hancock were super kind, and the treatment itself uneventful despite the significance I had given it in my mind.  Right now I’m feeling a little out of it (thanks, Ativan!) but otherwise fine. Randomly, my tinnitus is lower than before, which is interesting. Also, the docs gave me Decadron (steroids) and Zophran (sp) for the nausea that may or may not happen and we’ll never know if it does because Zophran  ;D . Other than that, I feel pretty fine. Hope it’s a trend over my next 2 treatments!

notaclone13:
Hi Grmochi,

Glad it went smoothly today.  I know how nervous you must be about the coming months and it's totoally understandable. We are all in the same boat.   Good to hear the ativan helped with the anxiety. Could be that it is also helping the tinnitus.  I have read that benzodiazopines (such as ativan) help with tinnitus. Zofran is also a wonder drug.  Thanks for posting and letting us travel along your journey with you. We will stay tuned for tomorrow's update.

M.A.

gary.s:
Hello Gtmochi,

Good to hear that you are okay today. Things will turn out fine, just have to do the CK thing this week and then you can rest. I found that all the anxiety I had as the week of CK came and went really exhausted me. It has really taken a few days to start mellowing out. I am glad the Ativan is helping calm you so that you can go through this without too much anxiety. Take care this week.

Gary

Gtmochi:
Hi Notaclone13,

I did not know that about Ativan! Now I am trying to remember if it helped when I had my MRI and CT  scan on Thursday. I am pretty squirrelly in closed-in spaces or when my head is locked down, so I like to avail myself of whatever is available in those situations! I will try and note if the tinnitus is still improved tomorrow before I take Ativan again. Also, my pleasure sharing my AN adventure - like you I found (and continue to find) the information shared on this forum invaluable. I feel it’s important to pay it forward!

Jessica

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version