Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

Treatment Failure

<< < (2/2)

ColleenS:
My situation is very similar to yours. Had surgery in May 2017 and the bugger grew back almost to original size in just 15 months. Had Stereotactic radiosurgery last month and now waiting .... It is so frustrating. What did they decide was your next course of action?

Alyssa:
Dr. schwartz and Fredman moved to UCSD last October. They are experienced top AN surgeon.

Mlamb:
I had a very similar experience. I had retrosigmoid craniotomy to remove my 3cm Trigeminal Schwannoma in 2014. My surgeon left a huge residual that continued to grow. I had gamma knife 1 1/2 years later. Everything was stable at the 1 year mark Post gamma knife but at around 18 months I started having worsening of symptoms. Had an MRI and my tumor showed aggressive growth and compression and swelling of the brainstem. My only choice was another surgery. I sent my scans everywhere. I spoke with Dr Schwartz several times. At this Point, i was not well enough to really travel far for surgery. I had double vision and dizziness whenever I would change position. I consulted with Dr. Sen at NYU, as he was highly recommended by friends who are neurosurgeons. The location of my tumor was very tricky and he managed to remove it all and I am fine. The recovery was long but considering everything that could happen, I got very lucky with Dr. Sen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version