Watch and Wait > For those in the 'watch and wait' status

Existing drug may halt growth of AN

(1/2) > >>

Freelander:
FYI:

https://www.masseyeandear.org/news/press-releases/2018/04/mifepristone-may-halt-growth-of-intracranial-tumor-that-causes-hearing-loss

notaclone13:
It would be fantastic if this drug actually works but it may be some time before  clinical trials can be conducted. The good thing is that this drug has already been studied and approved for use in humans, which should  speed up the process quite a bit. In addition, if the results of the trial look promising, they can ask the FDA to “fast track” the drug for use in AN treatment.

Sheryl:
Hi There - old "wait and watch" member here.  Been at it since November of 2001.  I've printed out this wonderful article as I will be going to my neuro-oncologist in Boston in a few weeks.  He's at Dana Farber and also into research affiliated with MGH (Partners Org.).  I'll report back anything significant.

Sheryl
p.s.  Derek, glad to see you are still trying to catch me!!!

Derek:

--- Quote from: Sheryl on April 23, 2018, 07:41:45 pm ---Hi There - old "wait and watch" member here.  Been at it since November of 2001.  I've printed out this wonderful article as I will be going to my neuro-oncologist in Boston in a few weeks.  He's at Dana Farber and also into research affiliated with MGH (Partners Org.).  I'll report back anything significant.

Sheryl
p.s.  Derek, glad to see you are still trying to catch me!!!

--- End quote ---

Hi Sheryl...

I'm still tagging along behind you as usual....can't believe we are into our 17th year since diagnosis! Hope all is well with you and hubby.

Best Regards

Derek

kestes:
Hi Sheryl and Derek, both of you have been watch and wait a LONG time.  I have a 1.2 cm AN with symptoms but they are manageable - just diagnosed about a month ago.  Would love to know any tips on how you have managed the AN.  Derek I see you said self treat so just wondering what you did.  I could live just fine with mine, I am happy, I exercise, I'm not worried about it, etc.  I am 50 and just don't want it to grow and need treatment into late 50s or 60s.  Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!  Sincerely.  Kimberly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version