Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

Vasomotor Rhinitis (Not CSF)

(1/1)

gunns:
Anyone thought they had a CSF leak and it turned out to be vasomotor rhinitis (VR)?  Which ever it is it started after my surgery. Just wondering what others have experienced and if theirs was a post op issue.

painter:
Never heard of Vasomotor Rhinitis, but I often wondered if what I had was anything but CSF. My doctor was a little eager to go in and fix it right away, which meant a second surgery just 10 days after the first. Well, the second surgery did me in and I've never been close to where I was before. Blood clots, total diziness and the worst wonky head.  That was 9 years ago, and I still have a runny nose that is definitely from sinusitis. I still wish we had waited the seven days it would have taken to know for sure.

gunns:
Painter I am so sorry to hear what you’re going through. No matter how hard the medical people try to inform us about the results of the surgeries it always lacking. Particularly if they haven’t been down our road and experienced it first hand. Apparently vasomotor rhinitis (VR) is an over active nerve that causes excess nose/sinus fluid to be produced. At least that’s how I stood it. I’m not sure if it’s caused by the surgery. Sounds like the results of these surgeries are a crap shoot!  I just try to keep a positive outlook on it all. And MAN, that is a major task!  I’m not always successful.

Greece Lover:
I get some tearing, salivating, and nose running on my AN side since the surgery.  My doc told me that when nerves are damaged and heal, they sometimes create new pathways. This then creates some weird symptoms. He had a patient once who would sweat every time he ate.  I get it when I eat something spicy or tangy, and its only triggered by eating, for the most part.  It's pretty weird, though.  part of the 'new normal.'! 

Cheryl R:
The rhinitis is very annoying.     I have it also when I eat esp on the left side as I have had surgery on both sides due to NF2.     When I am active and get warm then the right side  eye waters and nose runs.        I am also the Univ of Iowa survivor and think Gantz also made some mention of pertrosal nerve influencing this.     Been a while since I asked.         I haver my Puffs near me at all times.                At a symposium I remember a lady say this happens every time she plays golf.                              Cheryl R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version