Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

My Smile

(1/1)

tugnutt:
Hello, AN warriors! I want to share my recent experience, in case some of you might benefit from it. Like many of us, I was left with grade VI paralysis of my face on the AN side. Despite everyone's hopes, it became apparent after a year that I was not going to recover the facial nerve. I found the inability to smile pretty devastating, but thought there was not much I could do about it. While in this chat room, I read someone's story about their surgery at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore that gave them their smile back. I followed up, had the same surgery, and - I am so pleased - I have my smile back! Here is a link to the details of the surgery, and a short video about my experience (and you can see the resulting smile). If you are seeking help for your facial paralysis, I hope you find it useful. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/surgeons_transform_static_mona_lisa_smiles_to_joyous_ones

notaclone13:
Thanks so much for sharing this and congratulations on regaining your beautiful smile.

tugnutt:
Thank you.  I am very grateful to the staff and surgeons at Johns Hopkins!

Tod:
Really Awesome!! Congrats!

-tod

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version