Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

How to protect myself from my employer

(1/3) > >>

Frederic:
Hi all,

It's been a long and difficult road, 1 1/2 years post op (middle fossa) and it doesn't seem there is much improvement on my condition anymore.

I have run out of medical leave and have depleted my annual leave which I used for those really bad days. Now I am forced to go to work on those really bad days as I cannot afford to take unpaid leave and this is not working out as I am not as productive as what I should be.

I went to the doctor everytime I had a bad day but it's always the same story, you are doing well, it takes time, be patient. Since my leave ran out I have stopped going to the doctor although I should have gone to have some sort of medical record of these bad days.

Fatique is still a major issue, as my workday progresses I get more fatigued causing my left eye to lose focus, my left side of my face goes numb and my concentration and focus deteriates as I get more tired. I am a programmer and these issues really affect my work performance. Before I could remember what I changed to a certain program a couple of months ago, now I need to go and look at the program and try to figure out what I changed. This is really troublesome in my proffesion.

I am going to see another docter today to get another opinion and advice. I would also like to request some tests to be done to provide some sort of evidence that all is but normal but I am not sure what tests I can request?

Although my employer was very accomodating so far he is running out of patience and his understanding of my condition has changed. He is putting more pressure on me to complete tasks and this is all done via email were as before this was discussed verbally.

Call me paranoid but something's brewing and I want to make sure I can protect myself in the best possible way.

The only way I can think of is to have some test done to prove my condition. I have considered requesting medical boarding but I need to submit medical evidence in my request and I have no idea what evidence I can submit? Financially this would be my last resort as my income will be reduced sunstantially.

My quality of life is also not what it used to be, I am trying so hard to focus on my work that it consumes all my energy. Besides work all I do is sleep.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
Frederic

Kristena:
I am certainly no expert, but fatigue and loss of focus/concentration are major symptoms of depression. The next time you visit your doctor, discuss it with him or her or ask for a referral. Check out some support groups in your area or online. Inspire.com has forums for all varieties of medical issues and symptoms. And of course, the people on this forum are all so very supportive! I hope you find relief!

Patti:
I would not blame those problems on depression.  You need to see a neurologist and ask for cognitive testing.  I have and my deficits were quite obvious to the doctor.    patti

Frederic:
Thank you for the repplies  :)

I went to a different docter yesterday, he took some blood and is having blood tests done to elliminate other possible causes for the fatigue. He also referred me to a neuroligist to have some tests done.

Neurlogosist is fully booked till April must phone next month again to try and get and appoinement  :o

Patti:
good luck!  you are doing the right thing! one time i went to the doctor with unusual fatigue (a few years after my surgery) and she found Lyme's disease! i was expecting something far worse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version