Author Topic: Scalp Spasm  (Read 1532 times)

dsf767

Scalp Spasm
« on: March 23, 2018, 01:37:26 pm »
Hi All,

Searched for this and didn't find much info on it so figured I would ask. I had my 3.5 CM AN removed 9 Weeks ago via Retrosigmoid then a week later I had a second surgery to clean out an infection and fix a small CSF leak.

During that second surgery they removed the metal mesh covering where they removed my tumor I was told this for 2 reasons, when you have an infection they metal cannot be cleaned and they would worry about the infection coming back and that i had a sensitive scalp so they were worried the metal had something to do with the infection in the first place.

Anyhow it's now 8 weeks since that surgery and everything has healed well and at my follow up my neurosurgeon was very happy with how everything looked at this point as far as healing goes. He did mention without the mesh my scalp will slowly fill in the spot where he opened my skull with scar tissue and that I don't have anything to worry about not having it even though I now have an indentation in my skull.   

With feeling returning to that part of my scalp what I have noticed is a slight spasm/twitching if I place my fingers directly over where the hole was made to remove my AN. It is not at all painful just slight pulses in that area. Sometimes they are stronger and I can fell them easily other times they are very faint.

I suspect its most likely due to the nerves in my scalp working extra hard to regenerate as well as buildup the scar tissue but like I said I had not seen it discussed in my searches on the forum so figured I would ask the question.