Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

Post-radiation

<< < (3/3)

bri-82:
Thats good to hear. Cystic components seem to make things a bit more uncertain (at least in my case) and I've been told that radiation doesn't affect the cystic components the same way as solid tumor. But it looks like it took about 1.5 to 2 years (at least based on your MRIs) for the cystic portions to diminish, correct?

I have the random eye and eyeball pains as well. Sometimes they have an additional itch or a tickle feeling to them. Unpleasant.

~BM

mwatto:
Hi again they were gone 9 months after the treatment (thats when my first MRI follow up was) so these were dimensions : 18.4 x17 x13mm (previously 20.3 x19 x14.5) this was in 2019 after had my treatment. When I asked re the shrinking I was told (and this confirmed by the service provider of the scan also as well as my radiologist) that no cystic components visible. Every year I ask re this and my AN remains with no cysts. Profesor Joseph did tell me he thought mine was so old that the cysts were simply the AN degenerating - he said tometimes cysts are air spaces or old bleeds.  This is a quote from 2020 MRI 'COMMENT The right CP angle lesion is similar in size since 9/10/2019 with the more inferomedial placed cystic change no longer visualised. No new lesion or progressive feature.' abt to get 4th MRI. 

mwatto:
I get stabbing eye pains to from time to time - last night woke me up. What would cause this? I had CK almost 5 years ago and MRI in March this year shows shrinking again- my worry is late radiation side effects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version