Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

Post-radiation

(1/3) > >>

Carolgre:
Just finished five fractionated stereotactic treatments on Nov. 17. No side effects except for a headachy type pain in the area of my head where the tumor is and some temporary voice hoarseness. The headaches were alleviated by Advils and the hoarseness cleared up. A day or so after my last treatment, hearing in my bad (right) ear seemed to improve somewhat. My word recognition is still bad but I seem to have better tonal quality. It's only a slight improvement but definitely noticeable. Has anyone else had their hearing improve after treatment? I know it may only be temporary and that I may lose hearing again as the tumor dies.

ColleenS:
This is the first post I have seen with stereotactic radiosurgery. I am starting that in a week or so. Glad to hear you did not have many side-effects.

mamugel:
Did your tonal hearing continue to improve or get worse?  I am 1 yr status post GK for my 2.1 cm tumor and am noticing some hearing improvement as you described. Wondering if this will last!

Carolgre:
I'm sorry I have't replied before now but I haven't been on this forum for quite some time. No, my hearing improvement didn't last and I still don't know (nor do the doctors) why my hearing seemed to improve for a very short period of time. I was told before my radiation that the treatment wouldn't improve my hearing because the nerve damage from the mengioma had pressed on my auditory nerve for too long a period.

donjehle:
Thank you for updating us on your hearing, Carolgre.

How are you doing otherwise?  Besides your hearing loss, how has your recovery gone?  I would love to hear the rest of your story.

Best wishes,
Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version